Church

Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Monday, February 4, 2013

Week 2 - 30 January 2013

Week 2
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013

Everything is good at the MTC.  My companion is Elder Landon and he is a relative of someone who is best friends with Tianna I think.  He is from Idaho Falls but went to school at BYUI.  I got the package, thanks for the stuff.  I already lost the bouncy ball last Sunday on the temple walk.  The food seems to be getting better but I think my standards are just getting lower.  They have tons of different things every meal from pastas to hamburgers.  There are no snacks, just the three meals.  Haven't learned anything new about the mission area.  All my teachers are former missionaries and are currently going to BYU.  I have 2 teachers, then there are some stand in teachers that visit from time to time, but I don’t know about them. I believe one of my teachers is in a math class that Isaac tutors for.

Yes I will be leaving the MTC on the fourth.

It's been snowing here for the last week about.  Late happy birthday, Dad. 


Now I could use 2 pair of black socks, some black thread (the hem of my pants came undone), and another SD card.  On that temple trip, where I lost I bouncy ball, I took like 100 pictures, literally.  So I think I got about almost 200 pictures as of now.

I found out the real reason why they decided to shorten the time at the MTC.  Some say it’s a lack of housing, also I heard we’re taking over some building from BYU, but the real reason is that if everyone stays this long they wouldn't be able to cook food fast enough.  The lines are already really long.

So here's a funny scripture because this scripture was someone’s whole talk.  They just read it and left. This was at someone’s home ward when they were there a little before they left for the MTC.  John 11:35  They didn't even give the reference they just read the scripture and sat down. Well I think that’s all I got to say.

Remember to ask questions because I have no idea what to write if you don't.


Tell Isaac and Kim that I have seen Kim's brother like 4 or 5 times in the MTC so far.  Also, there is t his person from my math class I had at BYUI.  I see him almost every day or every other day.

Love, Elder Swift from the laundry room.


PS. I went to the temple today.  So I've been twice since I got here.

No comments:

Post a Comment