Church

Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Friday, February 1, 2013

Week 1 - 23 January 2013

Week 1

Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013


My companion is great.  We have two main teachers:  Brother Evan and Terry.   I get to email on Wednesdays while here.  Classes have been going good, learning a lot and having fun.  The whole time is planned out.  There are 6 missionaries going to Farmington in my District alone.  Not sure how many are going that are not in my district, but I know there are some.   I could use some chap stick and an oil container and a hackie-sack would be good.  I found a stash of things that the missionaries from the past have left.  My roommate is from Idaho.  I'm the only one not from Idaho in the room.  Our subdistrict consist of 8 elders and 4 sisters.  The sisters are all going to Hawaii and 2 Elders are going to Boston the rest to Farmington.  Typical day is to get up at 6:30, get ready, eat at 7:10, then go to classroom for study, then lunch, then more class, then to dinner.  And at different times every day is gym and practicing teaching people.  Then back to the room at 9:30, get ready for bed, silent time at 10:15, and bed by 10:30.  Today was the first p-day.  Got up same time and did some studying and then went to the temple and then ate lunch and got here now.  If you could also send some random thing from the toy closet upstairs next to the TV, that would be good.  I want to leave something in the stash when I leave.  Everything is good.  Not really doing anything else.  I have taken some pictures, one of which is of a guy in a silk pajama suit.

During gym I usually do what I did back in elementary school, four square.  It’s fun and there’s not really anything better to do.


I'm leaving the MTC on the 4th.  Just missed the day, because the elders coming in today are only here two weeks. 


Love, Elder Swift

ps: any candy you would like to send would be great

No comments:

Post a Comment